Friday 31 August 2007

Some distance from my sewing machine

Hi! Thanks to all you have commented on my 100 day challenge! I am presently in London at the Royal Geographic Society-Institute of British Geographers annual international conference. This sounds very grand, but geographers are a scruffy bunch on the whole! However, they have very nice computers with free internet access here in the basement. I gave my presentation on transport governance to 17 bored intellectuals at 9.30 this morning. My mind went blank and I couldn't remember what I was saying as I said it.

However, my friends in the audience said I was fine, and that I appeared to be completely confident (HA!). Still, probably not saying anything of any interest to transport geographers as I didn't mention buses once.

Since I last posted, I have finished the Chinese wallhanging, except for the label. A photo will be posted as soon as we have restored our broadband connection (AOL blame BT, BT blame AOL). We are both in the information game, so this is very traumatic. On WIP Wednesday, I was trying to finish a baby quilt for one of my cousins, who lives here in London, but I realise that the attempt was futile, and that it was better to finish it properly than to rush it. I'm coming again in November to another conference anyway.

What else have I finished? NOTHING! However, I haven't started anything new either, so that's good isn't it? What shall I reward myself with? Well, I'm just around the corner from the V&A, so I think I might go feast my eyes...

3 comments:

sewkalico said...

Don't beat yourself up about slow progress. Better not to rush and when you don't have time you just don't have time! You should be pleased you have done a bit and you haven't been tempted to start anything new, that's good!

Andrea said...

I love the V & A. Haven't been for a few years though. Amazing place. Good luck with the broadband thing. My sister has been having same trouble. BT and AOL blaming each other. Don't know where they get their customer support staff from. Terrible ! Congrats on starting nothing new - only a quilter would uderstand that - lol !

Lynda said...

I went to the V&A acouple of years ao to feast my eyes (on quilts) and they had none at all on display (except for a couple of Indian palampores, which hardly count). Hope you have more luck, and let us know if there's anything good to see.