Tuesday 7 August 2007

Granny's throw and cushions




Well, have sneaked onto Jay's computer, so I can upload a photo...


There are two more cushions to finish, but Granny already has her first instalment! I made this quilt in a Take 6 (FQs) workshop at the Seattle Quilt Company shop in Aberdeen, probably my most favourite fabric shopping haunt, because it is so friendly! I took 6 FQs, and the wide border fabric, but changed two of the "plains", bought 2 (I think) new florals, the pale blue background and the dark blue inner border. The backing is a purple fabric I bought in a sale.
So for my stash diet, it wasn't that successful, as less than half the fabrics used were already in my collection. However, the cushion backs (2 at least) have come from my collection: leftover Laura Ashley lightweight curtain fabric in blue/cream large scale plaid. If I had paid attention when I was cutting it, I would have got all four backs from it, but only realised too late, so have only enough for three. I have used it for two, and will have to scour the bags, boxes and drawers for something else for the other two, that will tone!




3 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What a lovely quilt...and I can't help but giggle at the toes gripping on for dear life in the picture too! :o) The things we'll do to take a picture!
Thanks for the comments on my blog...I've been dodging making a gingerbread house with the kids for a few years too..I've got all the recipes and instructions, but somehow it just doesn't happen...maybe this year!

sewkalico said...

Very nice indeed. It's so hard to not buy new fabric, but sometimes you just have to in order to use what you have. Well done - you ARE trying!

Andrea said...

Hi Kate
Lovely quilt and cushions. I love your choice of fabrics. Buying new fabrics is my favourite thing - lol ! I've enjoyed reading your blog !