Monday 13 August 2007

100 day challenge

Well, having counted the UFOs (including WIPs and PhDs...) over the weekend, and having felt thoroughly miserable on Sunday, I have picked myself up, dusted off the rotary cutter, and started cutting 2" strips from various oddments of fabric that don't seem very inspiring. This act was recommended by Karol-Ann, and I was galvanised by receiving a small red plastic bin with a lid. I thought the toy cars it was filled with needed to be replaced with fabric!

Also, I have finished a ten year old UFO (one of the PhDs), that had languished minus a binding. It's done, it only took an hour, probably less. Only a baby quilt though, and a small one at that...

Also, have now got a memory card for the camera, but I haven't had time to insert it into the camera (too busy blogging, and enjoying Lynda's and Jane's blogs today). Well, you will have to WAIT! I promise that I'll get round to some serious snapping and uploading in the next week (ish).

Anyway, what does the title of this post mean? Well, I am going to see how many UFOs (WIPs and PhDs) I can finish in 100 days. Points will be deducted for new projects started (unless I finish them of course!). My fellow quilt bloggesses can be my official monitors! So, 100 days finishes on Tuesday 20th November (please correct me if I am wrong).

7 comments:

Lynda said...

Wow! I am very impressed at this resolution and wait eagerly to see if you can do it. UFOs can be quite satisfying, as although they don't have the attraction of a new project, they can certainly have a shorter completion time!

Andrea said...

Lol - what a great idea ! So looking forward to your photos. If you get really desperate to get rid of UFO's you can list them on Ebay. I did that with a few things and they sold really well ! I have heard of some-one somewhere with 142 UFO's but I forget who !!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

That sounds like an interesting challenge..hmm with have to keep my eyes on you and see how you do :o)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

One more thing, to answer your email, the definition of Ostrich in terms of the Ostrich challenge.
The term Ostrich meant that if a theme or instruction came up for one of the months that either we didn't want to do or didn't suit the quilt, we could put our head in the sand for that month. It gave us a bit of artistic licence :)

I would have emailed you directly, but you are set to no-reply. It's the default setting for blogger and it's in your profile settings to hide your email. If you need any help locating that to change it, let me know..by setting it to show your email means that it will allow people to reply to the comments you leave on other peoples blogs. TTFN

Unknown said...

That challenge sounds good...I will have to see how long my hexagons take to finish, Hmm...

Vicki W said...

Setting a specific time limit is a great idea. Good luck on your challenge!

Kate North said...

Sounds like a fun resolution - I shall try to remember to keep track of your progress :) I am not, however, making a similar resolution myself, though I did decide not to do any more block swaps (except one on ones and my birthday block swap) for the time being, as the boxes with those blocks in are taking over my sewing room...