Monday 22 March 2010

A non-identical pair

I have been a bit busier with sewing since I got my new sewing machine earlier this year. I haven't done as much as I would like, as I am due to finish my PhD next week (eek). However, I had a flurry of finishing baby quilts, stimulated by some new arrivals. Of course, having finished a non-identical pair, for a pair of non-identical twins, I haven't actually got around to posting them. Silly me.



However, here are some pictures of a pair of quilts, for a boy and a girl; I'm quite pleased with these.


I only used fabrics from my stash, even for the backs. The clown fabric that is used in the centre of some of the blocks is a Laura Ashley Country Furnishing Cotton from the 1980s. I have only a few very small squares left of it now. I love the colours, but the clowns actually look a bit miserable! I hope these quilts will be used rather than tucked away in a drawer. One has a ribbon border appliqued on because I accidentally nicked the outer border fabric with a rotary cutter in a couple of places - now secured by the ribbon! Oops.

3 comments:

sewkalico said...

They look great! And you've just reminded me that I have a baby quilt to make asap. :-) Good luck with the PhD!!!

katepang said...

Thanks! Happy to report that I have now handed in my thesis, so isn't that fantastic! Have now come down with a terrible cold which is stopping me from doing some serious sewing, which is quite annoying, as I won't have another chance during the holidays.

Lynda said...

These look lovely! I love the idea of twins being different - it must be horrid to be 'one of the twins' and have common belongings.