Tuesday 17 July 2007

Holiday triumph!


Well, I've had a week's holiday on the beautiful West Coast of Scotland, and I managed to not go to the craft shop in Oban twice! This means that I have not bought any new fabric for over a week. I feel guilty that I did not contribute to the local economy though...




However, we spent money on other things so I guess that is OK. Also, I got my reward for good behaviour, as today Karol-Ann's parcel arrived with lovely fabrics (only 1 duplicate of something I have) to swap. I am going to have a lovely evening choosing things to send her in return.


I have been sewing hard today - I am off on a tour of family next week, and want to finish some cushions and a matching throw for my m-i-law, for her new flat. So I'm quilting away, and using up fabric for the backs - hooray!

3 comments:

sewkalico said...

Well done on being so good! I can't say the same, but I've been using up stash so I have to replenish some of it.

Only sent your parcel yesterday - good old second class LOL. What did we have the same of? Bet you didn't have those Africans LOL

katepang said...

Thanks Karol-Ann - the duplicate was the rockets on a blue background! Today, I even went to the lengths of using an old cot sheet to make the back of the quilted layer on 2 of the cushions!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Hi! Glad you stopped by and left such lovely comments on my daughter's quilt. Glad I found your blog. I've added it to my list and look forward to following your quilting adventure. TTFN