Sunday 22 February 2009

Something old, something new

Well, my New Year's resolution is to keep doing things I've started, and to make 2009 the year of FINISHING things that are overdue. I'm not just talking about quilting, but it goes for that too. I've got much better at finishing quilt UFOs, and I will keep that up, I hope.

I hope I will also keep up posting to this blog, because I didn't manage much in 2008. Anyway, today, I have finally scanned in a picture of a quilt I made for my mother about 3 years ago. She is a piano teacher, hence the musical theme. You can also see that the quilt is a part of my hexagon fad.


The other picture is the hand sewn UFO I dug out the other day. Thanks for the advice about quilting it - I have taken that advice, and changed it appropriately. So I used the sliver of soap trick to mark out a simple pattern, based on my 60degree diamond template, which just happened to be the right size.


I've then used big stitches, using Gutermann silk threads, and resisting the temptation to add anything more. Consequently, this is now on the wall! Yippee.

6 comments:

sewkalico said...

Both great quilts. The simple quilting looks great!

Karen said...

Both look wonderful! :)

The Caked Crusader said...

Wow - these are works of art!

Thanks for stopping by my site....sounds like Aberdeen CakeFest is born! Hurrah!

Lynda said...

The pink and yellow quilt looks stunning, and I bet it's given you a great feeling to have finished it!

Lynda said...

Nothing is better than a completed quilt! Especially when they look as good as these two!

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Love the quilt you made for your mother.