Monday 19 November 2007

Challenge Round-up!

Well, I haven't done all that well really. I've updated my UFO list on the right there, and count only 7 items finished, and the list I've chosen to give you is VERY VERY incomplete! My consolation is that if I hadn't set the challenge, those 7 items wouldn't be finished, although I may well have started just as many as I did!
Here's the dinosaur quilt as far as it has got:





On the left are two picture trialling the borders, and on the right is the final choice. I had to buy the bubble fabric as I had nothing at all that was right, even though I tried hard. However, the bubbles fabric is ideal I think. The back will be a rather garish green patterned fabric I bought at sale price for just such a purpose! I think this is a colour scheme that you either love or hate. I like it but I'm quite prepared to believe that it is hideous.
I'm going to have to concentrate on anything that I am making for Christmas now.

3 comments:

sewkalico said...

I like the bubbles and I think it's a great quilt. Sometimes you just have to buy something to make your stash work for you so don't feel bad!

I'm sure the dinosaurs will be loved :O)

Lynda said...

I love the colours in the dinosaur quilt - well, I would: it includes lime green! And as for the number of UFOs finished, sometimes you have to go for the journey, not the destination!

Unknown said...

Hi there Kate - and love the bubbles - go for it (by the time you get this it will be done anyway!). I do love the colours int he quilt - they are electric and really work well. Take care and talk / email / blog you soon
Ali