Tuesday 16 October 2007

Not much creatively speaking


Well, not much has happened at the sewing machine, although I have progressed one quilt from the cut strip stage, to having sewed some together and then cut them up again. Gosh that's amazing! The picture above is from something I made (and finished!) over a weekend in March. Day one was a workshop at one of my local quilt shops. Unfortunately, I failed to take a note of the designer of this beautiful pattern, so I can't give proper credit. I don't think my border does it justice - I rushed it a bit just to get it finished, and the quilting is fairly basic. One of the things I really like about this one is that a lot of the quilting is actually zig zag over the edges of the bonded applique - 2 stages in one! This one is hanging on our bedroom wall, where it cheers me up every morning.


Also, I've started a dinosaur baby quilt and added some borders to the block centre. Stuck on the third outer border, as I don't have quite the right shade of blue.


Otherwise, my next trick will be making a Count Dracula cloak, specification black bat wing shape with scarlet lining. Someone (sadly not me) is going to a fancy dress party. He's going to 2 actually, but has opted to go pirate to the Peter Pan one. That's dead easy, have all the required bits for that one already.


My veg box lady loved the veg bag - I hope she uses it!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

What a stunning wallhanging ! it would certainly cheer me up in the mornings too. I am making a christmas wallhanging soon at a workshop with Dilys Fronks. Have you heard of her ?

Kate North said...

I like this quilt - really pretty applique - especially if it can just be fused :)

sewkalico said...

Lovely applique!!! BTW Consider yourself tagged -Hope you don't mind